Artists may create whatever inspires them.
Painting — Oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, casein, tempera
Drawing — Pencil, ink, charcoal, pastel, crayon
Mixed Media — Two or more media, incorporating any number of
materials, including collage and assemblage. Combinations of painting
and drawing only should be submitted into either the painting or
3-D Sculpture — Non-functional object modeled, carved, cast,
constructed, or assembled of any material (including clay, glass,
acrylic, wood, metal, etc.) Must be free-standing.
• Paintings, drawings, mixed media size limit is 30” x 36”.
• Artwork is to be mounted on poster board or matted (no frames or
glass allowed, or hangers with string) and have a securely fastened
hanger. Hanger must be hot-glued; no tape.
• Artwork MUST BE SIGNED by the artist and the attached information
tag taped to the back.
• 3-D sculpture size limit is 24" X 36" and they must be free standing.
Use your imagination! Photographs will be judged on composition,
orginality, photographic technical skill and creativity.
Students may enter one (1) entry in color and one (1) in black and
white. All entries submitted must be the work of the student.
• Photos must be 4” X 6” mounted on an 8” x 10” piece of white poster
board, centered and properly oriented with a hanger securely affixed
to the back. Hanger must be hot-glued; no tape.
• Do not mat or cover the front of the poster board or picture in any
For students in grades K-12
prizes and ribbons
for Art & Photography
Have your students enter TODAY!!
2017 Art and Photography Contests
Sponsored by the Meridian Council for the Arts
Contact Kate Cherry for more information concerning entry.
Call 601.693.1501 or email at
All entries will be displayed at the Meridian Museum of Art.
Students may enter both the art and photography contests. Only
one (1) entry for Art Contest may be entered; (1) black and white
photo and (1) color photo for Photography Contest may be
Please fill out one label and attach to the back of the entry. Labels
are on page 2 of this pdf.
First, Second and Third Place cash awards/ribbons and honorable
mentions will be given to the following age categories:
• Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grades
• 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
• 6th, 7th and 8th Grades
• 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Grades
DEADLINE FOR DELIVERY
Artwork must be delivered to Meridian Museum of Art (628 25th
Ave.; 601-693-1501) from Wednesday, March 22 to Friday, March
24, between the hours of 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. Please have artwork
in a container with your school name on it.
JUDGING & DISPLAY
• Judging of artwork/photography Friday, March 31.
• All artwork/photography will be displayed during the Threefoot
Arts Festival Saturday, April 1, in the Meridian Museum of Art,
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Presentation of awards will be made on the Festival Main Stage
Saturday, April 1, at 11 a.m. Three places will be awarded in each
age group, plus one honorable mention.
PICK-UP OF ARTWORK
• Students, parents or teachers may pick up artwork AFTER
the Festival between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. at the museum.
Artwork/photography must stay on display until 4 p.m. so that
Festival goers may enjoy the display.
• Any artwork not picked up April 1 must be picked up at the
museum Wednesday through Friday, April 5-8
11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Meridian Council for the Arts is not be responsible for art not
picked up by April 8, 2017.